South Kitsap School District
Welcome to South Kitsap School District's READY! for KINDERGARTEN.
- Registration for this FREE parent workshop is open NOW! This is an opportunity for parent(s)/guardian(s) of birth to five year olds that you will not want to miss!
When and where are workshops?
Ready! for Kindergarten Spring season parent session options are:
- Saturday, April 27th, 10-11:30 a.m. (some Spanish offerings)
- Tuesday, April 30th, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 2nd, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 4th, 10-11:30 a.m. (some Spanish offerings)
- All sessions are held at Orchard Heights Elementary, 2288 Fircrest Drive, Port Orchard
- Orientation for New to READY! Parents begins 30 minutes before class times.
WHAT is READY! for Kindergarten?
- READY! for Kindergarten teaches you how to talk, sing, read and play with children in simple ways that foster essential literacy, math and social-emotional skills.
- YOU are your child's most powerful teacher. With READY! for Kindergarten you can plant the seeds for success in school and nourish a lifelong love of learning in your child.
- We believe that every child is born with the potential to make a unique contribution to our world. Parents and caregivers can learn the skills to unleash a child's potential.
READY! classes are designed for parents to help them maximize their role and skills as their child's first and most important teacher. Children are welcome to attend our free childcare during the parent classes. (Childcare is available for ages 13 months - 13 years.)
Who is eligible to attend?
Parent or Legal Guardian of children birth to five years of age who live within the boundaries of the South Kitsap School District. If you're not sure if you live in the South Kitsap School District, visit our school boundaries page to find out.
Childcare/Early Learning providers are asked to register with Tracy: email@example.com or phone @ 360-874-7058.
- Attendees may bring an additional guest to the workshop with them.
- READY! classes are for parents. One set of handouts and tool kit is provided for each child per season, but an adult must attend the class to receive the materials. We cannot give you tools for someone else's child. Parent/Guardian may attend and receive one set of tools per child per season – If you feel you need to adjust to a different age class, please only check out one set of tools.
- You'll receive a READY! for Kindergarten bag and we suggest you bring it with you every season as you will be unwrapping and using the tools in class and we don't want you to lose any pieces!
Will there be childcare offered during the parent workshops?
- Yes, FREE childcare is provided during the workshops for children 13 months to 13 years. (Infants ages birth to 12 months attend class with parent(s)/guardian(s)).
- Please do not bring food or electronics for your child.
- Please arrive early to ensure you have plenty of time to sign in, register your child for childcare, and make it to your workshop on time.
What class do I attend if I have more than one child age birth to five?
- Please plan to attend READY! for each child, as sessions are age-appropriate and happen simultaneously. You may choose to attend the workshop on multiple dates or bring an additional adult who can attend another class on the same date as you.
Is this your first time attending a READY! for Kindergarten class?
- You must arrive 30 minutes earlier than listed time to attend the orientation. At your orientation, you will receive your essential READY! notebook. You only need to attend orientation one time EVER as the information is the same and not age specific.
Have you attended a READY! class before?
- Don’t forget to bring your notebook and a bag for your new materials!
If you need to change or cancel a session please do so online or contact Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-874-7058 ~ doing so will open a spot for another participant to attend READY!
Questions: Please contact:
South Kitsap School District
Tracy @ email@example.com
Contact UsSouth Kitsap School District
2689 Hoover Ave SE
Port Orchard, WA 98366