South Kitsap School District
Welcome to South Kitsap School District's READY! for KINDERGARTEN.
Welcome! Your child must live within SKSD boundaries to qualify to attend. Check your school boundary at www.skschools.org/
- South Kitsap School District parent(s)/guardian(s) of birth to five year olds -- READY! for Kindergarten is an opportunity you will not want to miss!
(Choose one session per preschool aged child):
Fall 2020-2021 classes will be held virtually, completed at your own pace. An orientation is also available for parents new to READY!.
Fall 2020 Dates
Time and Location
Steps to complete
Fall 2020 Virtual Classes are open October 15th to November 23rd, 2020. After you have completed the online class, you can join in on the Optional Zoom session in December with RFK facilitators.
Sign up beginning
October 8th at
Whenever it's convenient for you throughout the open session dates (October 15th thru November 23rd)!
1. Register online for your child's age appropriate class.
2. Look for an e-mail with your unique class link.
3. Complete the online class and the survey at the end and optional survey, and choose a tool pick up date.
4. Look for an e-mail confirming tool pick up time and location.
5. Join optional zoom parent meeting(s) in December.
Attend virtual course(s) from the comforts of your home!
WHAT is READY! for Kindergarten?
- READY! for Kindergarten teaches you how to talk, sing, read and play with children in simple ways that foster essential literacy, math and social-emotional skills.
- YOU are your child's most powerful teacher. With READY! for Kindergarten you can plant the seeds for success in school and nourish a lifelong love of learning in your child.
- We believe that every child is born with the potential to make a unique contribution to our world. Parents and caregivers can learn the skills to unleash a child's potential.
READY! classes are designed for parents to help them maximize their role and skills as their child's first and most important teacher.
Who is eligible to attend?
Parent or Legal Guardian of children birth to five years of age who live within the boundaries of the South Kitsap School District. If you're not sure if you live in the South Kitsap School District, visit our school boundaries page to find out.
Childcare/Early Learning providers are asked to register with Tracy: email@example.com or phone @ 360-874-7058.
- READY! classes are for parents. One set of handouts and tool kit is provided for each child per season, but an adult must attend the class to receive the materials. We cannot give you tools for someone else's child. Parent/Guardian may attend and receive one set of tools per child per season – If you feel you need to adjust to a different age class, please only check out one set of tools.
What class do I attend if I have more than one child age birth to five?
- Please plan to attend READY! for each child, as sessions are age-appropriate.
Questions: Please contact:
South Kitsap School District
Tracy Schneewind @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-874-7058
Contact UsSouth Kitsap School District
2689 Hoover Ave SE
Port Orchard, WA 98366